Chicken And Squash
Easy | Time: 4 to 6 hours | Servings: 2-4
What you'll need:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 small zucchinis squash
- 5 small yellow squash
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- Oregano to taste
- Basil to taste
- Thyme to taste
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Olive Oil
- 6 cups of instant brown rice
How to make it:
This recipe is healthy and delicious!
- 1. In a 8 quart boiler cover chicken breasts with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove and allow to cool.
- 2. Remove and discard the bone and skin. The chicken must be shredded, or stripped into small pieces. Length does not matter, width does. In order to dry chicken correctly it must be thin.
- 3. Heat enough olive oil to generously cover the bottom of a large skillet. Slice squash about 1/4 inch thick. Dice the tomatoes. Dice the onion. Place the vegetables in the heated oil and added generous amounts of spices. Saute vegetables until they are still slightly crisp. Add shredded chicken. Mix.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare your instant rice per package instructions.
- 5. Serve chicken and vegetables on a bed of rice.