Herb & Garlic Ground Meat Jerky
Moderate | Time: 6 to 7 hours | Servings: About 6 oz.
What you'll need:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
How to make it:
Try this jerky for a garden-fresh spin.
- 1. In a food processor, combine beef, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, sage, salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped and mixture has a paste-like consistency.
- 2. Fill jerky gun according to manufacturer's directions, or using a piping bag, pipe strips of beef mixture onto prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 1/2 inch between strips. Flatten, if necessary, to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 3. Place cooked meat strips on mesh drying trays. Dry at 155°F for about 7 to 9 hours, occasionally blotting any fat that rises to the surface with paper towels, until jerky is firm and flexes and cracks, but doesn’t break, when gently bent. Transfer to a clean baking sheet lined with paper towels and let cool completely, turning once to blot thoroughly.