Berry Cream Pie
Moderate | Time: less than 2 hours | Servings: 5-9
What you'll need:
- ½ cup Dried strawberry slices
- ¼ cup Dried blueberries
- ¼ cup Dried raspberries
- 1 envelope (¼ oz.) Unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Whipping cream (35%)
- ½ cup Confectioner's (icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 9-inch Pie crust, baked and cooled
- Steamer basket or heatproof sieve
How to make it:
Use your dried berries for this easy yet delicious pie!
- 1. In a saucepan, combine strawberries and ¾ cup water; let stand for 15 minutes or until slightly softened
- 2. Meanwhile, in steamer basket set over another saucepan of simmering water, steam blueberries and raspberries, covered, for about 5 minutes or until plump and soft. Let cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over medium heat just until simmering and strawberries are soft. Reduce heat to low, stir in gelatin mixture and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute or just until gelatin has dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Stir in blueberries, raspberries and vanilla.
- 4. In a chilled bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar and whip until firm peaks form. Fold one-quarter of the whipped cream into the berry mixture. Fold berry mixture into the remaining cream just until blended. Spread into pie crust, decoratively swirling top.
- 5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until filling is set, or for up to 8 hours.