Blueberry Honey Pound Cake
Easy | Time: 75 minutes | Servings: 12
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to make it:
Use dried blueberries, strawberries (slices), raspberries, or a combination of all berries. Serve this with whipped cream, ice cream or alone.
- 1. Add dried berries to steam basket, over a saucepan of simmering water for 5 to 10 minutes. Until soft and plump. Transfer to a plate. Let cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 3. In large bowl beat butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Blend. Beat in honey and vanilla. Stir in half the flour and baking powder. Then stir in remaining flour until blended.
- 4. Gently add the berries to the mixture until evenly distributed.
- 5. Spread the batter into a bread pan (8- by 4- inch). Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- 6. Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 40 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Let cool completely.