Dried Plain Yogurt
Easy | Time: 12 to 14 hours | Servings: 10
How to make it:
Avoid yogurts with gelatin or other thickeners. Do not use high fat yogurt, it may go rancid quickly when exposed to heat or stored at room temp.
- 1. Lay Excalibur's Paraflexx sheets on drying trays.
- 2. Spread yogurt about 1/4 inch thick, as evenly as possible.
- 3. Dry at 130F.
- 4. If you want, you can flip over at 6 to 8 hours. This will speed up drying. Yogurt is easy to lift from the Paraflexx sheets.
- 5. How do you know if it's done? Sheets should be firm and yogurt should break easily.
- 6. *TIP* For maximum shelf life, store yogurt in refrigerator for up to 6 months. At room temperature, we recommend no more than 5 to 7 days.