Easy | Time: 7 to 8 hours | Servings: 1-3
What you'll need:
- 3 Huge sweet white onions
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds (you can grind them yourself using a coffee grinder)
- 1 cup ground flax seeds (you can grind them yourself using a coffee grinder)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp. tablespoons of raw soy sauce, tamari or nama shoyu
How to make it:
The closest thing you'll get to bread using your dehydrator!
- 1. Peel onions and process in your food processor until small but not mushy.
- 2. Place onions in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix with a spoon. If it's dry and won't mix, you can add a small amount of water.
- 3. Spread onto dehydrator trays. Use parchment paper (wax paper will melt) or teflex sheets as a base. This raw onion bread recipe makes three Excalibur trays.
- 4. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 120°F, then reduce to 105°F and dry for another 6 hours. Once the crackers start drying out and holding together, score them with a knife.
- 5. At some point you'll want to flip them over, remove the parchment paper and finish dehydrating them, maybe for another 4 hours or so. Try bread to see whether you want it crispier. Dehydrating times can vary greatly.