Easy | Time: 24 hours | Servings: 5-10
How to make it:
Make your own jalapeño powder!
- 1. Wash the jalapenos in cool water. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- 2. Cut the stems off the peppers with a sharp knife. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and discard them.
- 3. Lay the peppers on the tray of a food dehydrator, with the cut side facing up. Put them in one layer. The peppers should not touch each other.
- 4. Set the dehydrator to 90 degrees F and leave the peppers inside for 24 hours, or until they snap in half when you bend them. Remove the peppers and pour them into a blender.
- 5. Use the pulse setting on the blender to pulverize the dried peppers. Continue until the peppers are blended into a powder. Pour the powder into a mason jar and screw on the lid.