Homemade Instant Dry Beans
Enjoy this user submitted recipe. *Excalibur has not tested this recipe and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from our website. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, dehydration times, typos, errors, omissions, etc. Please always use your best judgment.
- 1. Sort and rinse beans, removing dirt and damaged beans.
- 2. Using large saucepan, cover beans with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- 3. Boil for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- 4. Allow to stand for at least 1 hour.
- 5. Drain off soaking water, Add fresh water and bring to boil. (I do not add any seasonings. That comes later!)
- 6. Simmer until beans are soft, usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7. Drain until as dry as possible, then spread on mesh sheets in single layers and place in dehydrator at 130 degrees for about 5-6 hours.
- 8. They should be completely dried before removing from trays. Store in airtight containers.