Green Beans with Italian Marinara
Moderate | Time: 6 to 8 hours | Servings: 5 cups
What you'll need:
- 10 oz. Fresh green beans
- 2/3 Medium red bell pepper
- 8 Crimini mushrooms
- 1 Medium Spring onion
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 4 Medium tomatoes
- 6-10 pieces Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Dried Italian spices
- 1 Clove garlic
- Celtic sea salt to taste
How to make it:
A healthy twist on green bean casserole.
- 1. For Green Beans: Remove the ends of the green beans and set aside in a large bowl.
- 2. Slice the red bell pepper, mushrooms and spring onions, and add to the green beans. Dehydrate the vegetables for 5-6 hours at the lowest temperature.
- 3. Blend tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian dried spices, garlic cloves and Celtic sea salt in a food processor until smooth. If you are using a food processor, soak the sun-dried tomatoes for 4 hours before.
- 4. Once the green bean mixture has dehydrated, place it into a medium bowl. Add the marinara by the spoonful and mix. Set aside for 10 minutes and then serve.