Great Beef Jerky by Gary
- 10 lbs Beef eye of round or rump roast
- 1 bottle Allegro hot and spicy marinade
- 1 bottle Allegro hickory smoke marinade
Enjoy this user submitted recipe. *Excalibur has not tested this recipe and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from our website. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, dehydration times, typos, errors, omissions, etc. Please always use your best judgment.
- 1. Trim fat from beef and slice into strips.
- 2. Put beef in a stainless steel or glass container.
- 3. Pour marinades over beef and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Cover container with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least overnight, stirring occasionally. (The longer the meat soaks in the marinade, the spicer it will get.)
- 5. Remove meat from refrigerator and place strips on dehydrator trays in single layer and not overlapping.
- 6. Discard marinade and dehydrate meat to a point where it will crack but not break. (I like mine just a little dryer than this.)
- 7. Allow to cool completely and vacuum pack in bags. Will last for a couple of months as long as the bags maintain their vacuum. Otherwise, store in refrigerator.