Easy | Time: 2 to 4 hours | Servings: 3-5
What you'll need:
- 1 1/3 cups Brown sugar
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds, crushed
- 1 cup Cashews, crushed
- 1 cup Walnuts, crushed
- 1 cup Peanuts, crushed
- 5 cups Oatmeal
- 8 tbsp. Butter
- 4 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 4 cups Dried fruit
How to make it:
Our grandma's granola is great with yogurt or any of your dehydrated favorites!
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thoroughly blend nuts and oats. Place in a baking pan with sides and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Stir 3 times so they won't burn.
- 2. Combine honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt in sauce pan and simmer stirring constantly.
- 3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients including dried fruit. Dump your granola mixture onto a cookie sheet, plastic cutting board, or piece of wax paper. Evenly compress and spread the mixture so your bars won’t fall apart when you cut them.
- 4. Cut into bars and dehydrate at 115° for about 3 hours.