Dough Creations For Kids
Easy | Time: 10 to 15 hours | Servings: 1-2
What you'll need:
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Food Coloring
- Parchment Paper or Foil
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Clear Craft Varnish or Paint
- Paint Brushes
How to make it:
This easy arts and crafts idea will keep your children entertained while getting them involved in the dehydration process.
- 1. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water with a wooden spoon, adding just enough to make a firm dough.
- 2. Turn out onto a work surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. If dough feels dry, sprinkle with a very small amount of water periodically. If colored dough is desired, knead in food coloring while wearing disposable gloves. Break dough into pieces and cover with a damp towel.
- 3. Shape dough on a sheet of parchment paper or foil. A small amount of water can be used to glue pieces together. Roll one piece of scrap dough the same size as your creation to use as a test piece.
- 4. Please shapes on mesh drying trays. Dry at 155°F (68°C) until dry throughout and very firm.Break the test piece to check the inside and make sure there is no sign of moisture. Allow to cool completely.
- 5. Paint the creations with acrylic craft paint as desired. Let dry completely, then paint all sides with varnish or other clear paint to seal. Let dry.