Easy | Time: 4 to 5 hours | Servings: 3 dozen
What you'll need:
- 4 Large cooking apples
- 2 tsp. Crumbled dried thyme or sage
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Cider vinegar or white vinegar
How to make it:
Both kids and adults will love this healthy snack!
- 1. Peel apples and remove cores. Cut crosswise into rings about 1/8 inch thick.
- 2. In a shallow dish, combine thyme, salt, pepper and vinegar. Dip apple rings in this mixture, one at a time, shaking off excess.
- 3. Place apple rings on mesh drying trays. Dry at 155°F for about 4 hours or until firm and crisp. Remove from trays, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.